En calidad de Afiliado de Amazon, obtengo ingresos por las compras adscritas que cumplen los requisitos aplicables
Página 1 de 11 12345 ... ÚltimoÚltimo
Resultados 1 al 10 de 102

Tema: Actualización FW kobo: 3.11.0

Veteran@ en el foro Avatar de ersott

Predeterminado Actualización FW kobo: 3.11.0

Todavía no he actualizado, la lista de cambios es cuando menos larga

As people have noticed, Kobo have released firmware version 3.11.0. It is going to the Glo, Aura HD, Aura, and Aura H20. Kobo said that the Touch should get it later but it will not be released to the Mini. During the beta, it has been tested on all these devices, including the Mini.

"What's New" has:
    • Reading settings
      A new page turning option, optimized for one-handed reading
    • Keyboard
      Longpress on a letter to quickly access accented versions of that letter
    • Beyond the book
      Now includes suggested books, relate to the one you're reading

The version details on the Device information page of the settings are: 3.11.0 (4d8eac1207, 10/16/14). The jump in the version number is to match the desktop application version number.

There is no change in function for calibre. The supported firmware version has been updated in calibre v2.6.0. Calibre v1.48 can safely be used with this firmware if the "Attempt to support newer firmware" option is selected.

The lists of changes below are based on the notes I took during the beta. It's probably not complete as I tend to concentrate on the parts of the firmware that I use. I use a Glo and a Touch N905 for the testing.

The new features and changes in function are:

• Light remains on a few seconds after sleep or power off screen is displayed.
    • Page number display options in reading settings
      • Display per book or chapter. Per chapter only works for kepubs.
      • Display as page number, percent read or time remaining (kepubs only) in footer.
      • Affects slider in navigation bar for kepubs. If per chapter, slider is for the chapter. If per book, slider is for the complete book and chapter title is not displayed.

• "You've finished" page
      • Displayed at end of kepub.
      • If reading stats are turned on, they are shown for the book.
      • Can page back into book.
      • Shows "Related books" if it is a purchased kepub.
      • Share on Facebook option.

• Option for "Underline key terms" moved to Reading settings.
    • New page turning option. Top for back, bottom for forward and the middle to display the menus.
    • Dictionary
      • In 3.8.0 the default lookup behaviour was changed so that if the device language setting and book language differed, the corresponding translation dictionary is shown by default
      • If you change the dictionary, that setting is remembered per-book

• Keyboard enhancements
      • Longpress a character to view related accented characters
      • .com key is replaced with Return key for multi-line input in Notes field

• Book details page changed. Bottom section has tabs rather than a menu.
    • After changing chapter from the ToC, the bottom bar has "Previous location" to return to where you where. Changes back to "Books" after paging to a new chapter.
    • After ejecting the device from the PC, it starts up without disconnecting the cable.

Bug fixes that I know about:
    • Annotations
      • Sorting by location fixed. Except in the circumstance described below.
      • Annotations put under correct chapter heading in epubs.
      • Order no longer changes when deleting an annotation.
      • Have NOT fixed problem with reopening epub on the main memory messing up the percent read and the chapter the book is in. Sorting by location is still correct until you add a new annotation.

• Removing dog-ear bookmark no longer crashes device.
    • Links to short chapters in HTML Table of Contents were being treated as Footnotes.
    • In some cases, if you zoomed in on an image and turned the page, that page would be cut off.
    • Browser no longer prompting multiple times when download more than one book in a session.
    • Hyphenation dictionaries are back.
    • Light turns on if level is set to 1%.
    • Sorting Pocket list by "Newest" and "Oldest" seems to be working. This might have been fixed in 3.8.0.

Bugs that have not been fixed:
    • Annotations - Have not fixed the problem with reopening epub on the main memory messing up the percent read and the chapter the book is in.
    • Fonts - Kobo Nickel, Ryumin, Gothic and Avenir Next still have the same problems.
    • "Date added" sorting in a collection is still wrong.
    • SD card in Touch is not recognized after a restart.
    • Caching of covers is unchanged.
    • CBZ reading order doesn't take into account the directories.

New but hidden options:
    • Twitter - Add "Twitter=true" to "FeatureSettings" section of config file. This adds Twitter section to the Account settings page. I don't use Twitter, so I don't know what else it does.
    • Review - Add "Reviews=true" to "FeatureSettings" section of config file.
      • When you finish a purchased kepub, a tile to rate the book is added to the home page. Pressing a star on the tile sets the rating.
      • At the bottom of this tile, is an extra button for "Review". Pressing this flashes the screen.
      • An extra tab for "Reviews" is added to the detials page. At the moment, it only has a message about being the first person to review the book and a button. The button does nothing.

I assume the review buttons will eventually display something to enter a review and save it to the server somewhere.
    • Search Annotations - Add "SearchAnnotations=true" to "FeatureSettings" section of config file.
      • When searching the library, annotation text is displayed in the results.G
      • Shows same details as in the annotations list. It doesn't show which book.
      • Tapping or a long press doesn't do anything.
      • Interesting, but definitely a work in progress.

2. Los Siguientes 6 Usuarios Agradecieron a ersott por Este Mensaje:

Veteran@ en el foro Avatar de Terisa

Predeterminado Re: Actualización FW kobo: 3.11.0

En mi caso, aparte de que se pueda cambiar por opción de menú el progreso por libro o capítulo, y que recuerde el último diccionario usado, hay una opción activada por el fichero de configuración que me gusta: cuando terminas un kepub, al volver a la pantalla principal, hay una fichita para valorarlo. Dado que siempre lo hago, me ahorra tiempo.

Sí, yo sí he actualizado, cambié el affiliate para que actualizara más rápido.
    Ciao

Terisa de Morgan

Mi reto en goodreads

4. Los Siguientes 2 Usuarios Agradecieron a Terisa por Este Mensaje:

Veteran@ en el foro Avatar de surquizu

Jodios... Actualizan demasiado seguido el firmware. Podrían dejar unos meses entre actualización y actualización o incorporar las mejoras de losa parches !

Esperaré a probar el firm a que publiquen los parches.

Veteran@ en el foro Avatar de ersott

Cita Iniciado por surquizu Ver mensaje
    Jodios... Actualizan demasiado seguido el firmware. Podrían dejar unos meses entre actualización y actualización o incorporar las mejoras de losa parches !

Esperaré a probar el firm a que publiquen los parches.
    +1

unas screens...

Nombre:  screen_001.jpg
Visitas: 184
Tamaño: 11.8 KB Nombre:  screen_002.jpg
Visitas: 184
Tamaño: 8.9 KB

7. Los Siguientes 3 Usuarios Agradecieron a ersott por Este Mensaje:

Veteran@ en el foro Avatar de Clarividente

Aún no lo he instalado, pero me parece una excelente noticia.
    Me gusta:

Reading settings
    A new page turning option, optimized for one-handed reading

Me encanta y lo estaba echando de menos.

Page number display options in reading settings

Display per book or chapter. Per chapter only works for kepubs.
    Display as page number, percent read or time remaining (kepubs only) in footer.
    Affects slider in navigation bar for kepubs. If per chapter, slider is for the chapter. If per book, slider is for the complete book and chapter title is not displayed.

Estaba mirando el post de paginación, para empezar a trastear con el calibre y el Page Count, pero veo que ya no es necesario. ¡Estupendo!

Book details page changed. Bottom section has tabs rather than a menu.

No sé cómo será... habrá que verlo.

After ejecting the device from the PC, it starts up without disconnecting the cable.

Parece una tontería, pero se agradece.

Y una pregunta, para sirquizu, o cualquiera de los cracks que hay por el foro:
    Tengo instalado en el aura el parche de "texto en negativo". Asumo que al instalar el nuevo firmware se desactivará esta magnífica utilidad, pero, ¿veis necesario desinstalar el parche antes de instalar el nuevo software? (en cualquier caso, creo que lo haré, por si acaso....)

Ufff, nada que me emocione especialmente. Esperaré hasta que esté disponible, si lo llega a estar, el parche Freedom to advanced fonts control

Y también ver si sigue funcionando el multitouch.

Veteran@ en el foro Avatar de Terisa

Cita Iniciado por Clarividente Ver mensaje
    Book details page changed. Bottom section has tabs rather than a menu.

No sé cómo será... habrá que verlo.
    A mí me gusta más. Hay dos pestañas que me sobran (reseñas y relacionado), pero para ver los detalles (en la editorial pongo el género) va mejor.
    Ciao

Terisa de Morgan

Mi reto en goodreads

Jovencit@ en el foro Avatar de forint

ersott, gracias por tu aportación. El problema es que soy muy torpe y no consigo que en el lector (kobo Glo) se me instale esta nueva versión.
    Actualmente tengo instalada en el lector la versión 3.8 Me he descargado el firmware de la versión 3.11 y lo he instalado. Ahora la versión Desktop es la 3.11, pero no sé como trasladar esta versión al lector. He instalado el lector y sincroniza las notas, premios,... pero no la nueva versión. Agradecería que alguien me ayudase en este tema

Veteran@ en el foro Avatar de Clarividente

Perdonad que sea tan "pesao", pero.... ¿cómo hago para actualizar el firmware?

Me explico:

Desde el propio ereader, en configuración -> sincronización y actualizaciones, el aparato sincroniza, pero no me actualiza el firmware.

En la propia página de kobo me es imposible encontrar una página de descargas, downloads o firmwares.

En mobileread sí te ponen los vínculos, pero mi pregunta es si estos firmwares que te "linkan" los chicos de mobileread son "oficiales" y si esto es así, por qué no puedo acceder a los mismos desde la página oficial de kobo, o actualizando desde el propio dispositivo.

¡Gracias!

Veteran@ en el foro Avatar de the_doc

Cita Iniciado por Clarividente Ver mensaje
    Perdonad que sea tan "pesao", pero.... ¿cómo hago para actualizar el firmware?

Me explico:

Desde el propio ereader, en configuración -> sincronización y actualizaciones, el aparato sincroniza, pero no me actualiza el firmware.

En la propia página de kobo me es imposible encontrar una página de descargas, downloads o firmwares.

En mobileread sí te ponen los vínculos, pero mi pregunta es si estos firmwares que te "linkan" los chicos de mobileread son "oficiales" y si esto es así, por qué no puedo acceder a los mismos desde la página oficial de kobo, o actualizando desde el propio dispositivo.

¡Gracias!
    1. Los firmwares son oficiales. Si te descargas el firmware desde esos enlaces, en esa misma página hay instrucciones para meter ese firmware manualmente, no sólo la última versión, sino versiones más antiguas si te interesan por otras razones.
    2. Kobo no envía las actualizaciones todas a la vez a todos los dispositivos. Lo hace a lo largo de dos o tres semanas. Dependiendo del "affiliate" al que está asociado tu Kobo la actualización automática se produce antes o después en esas dos semanas. Hay por ahí un ficherito de configuración en el Kobo que puedes editar con un editor de textos para cambiar ese "affiliate" y de esa forma recibir la actualización enseguida.
    3. Encontrarás información más específica en este foro o en mobileread. Busca.
    Call me Doc, not the_doc!