Pocketbook & Netronix have broken up

¿Sera verdad? ¿Se confirmará? ¿Alguna vez realmente se juntaron?

http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...up/#more-14840

Yesterday I mentioned that Netronix and Pocketbook were both here at CES. I was a little surprised because one of the important stories from last CES was that the 2 companies had merged. As I understood it, Pocketbook & Netronix were going to contribute their e-reader divisions (they do other things, too) to a new company and share ownership. I don’t know how they were planning to split it, but I do know that all the e-reader stuff was going to be carried on under the name Pocketbook Global. I now have confirmation from a contact with Pocketbook. The companies did indeed split up. They’re still partners in that Pocketbook currently license several Netronix designs, but they’re not one company anymore.

I was told that the reason for the split was quality control issues. I don’t think this had to do with production , but design. I believe Foxconn do the actual mass production – once the bugs are worked out of the design. So I would guess that Netronix were having trouble working the bugs out.

TBH, we really should have figured this out a while ago.Do you recall when Pocketbook announced the 60x and 90x e-readers? Those e-readers were designed by Foxconn, not Netronix. The fact that Pocketbook went outside the company for the new designs probably should have been a tip off.

Then again, maybe not. Companies change their minds all the time.